Trigrammic QBLH

Introduction

     This essay is the fruit of several years of study and contemplation. It will be assumed that the reader will have a basic knowledge of Thelema and further, Liber Trigrammaton, a Class A publication found in the works of Aliester Crowley. This work attempts to bring the reader to a deeper understanding of what Trigrammic QBLH is, and how it can be applied to Thelemic Magickal concepts. I claim no sole authorship to this work, nor to its originality.
     There are many systems of English Qabala prevalent today. Each system has its merit and proofs. This system I present is no better than any of the other. But not all of them are as well developed or systematic. The works of R. Leo Gillis are of special note. His pioneering into this obscure form of Occult Science is something that has always been of great inspiration to me. His gematrical calculations are truly of note. There are others, and to each of them I bid greetings and salutations.
     It is known that the Prophet was given several instructions in Liber Legis. Particular to this essay is his instruction found in Chapter 2, verse 55: "Thou shalt obtain the order & value of the English Alphabet; thou shalt find new symbols to attribute them unto." This task was accomplished in part, to quote from his commentary:

The Old Comment
55. Done. See Liber Trigrammaton, Comment.
The New Comment
The attribution in Liber Trigrammation is good theoretically; but no Qabalah of merit has arisen therefrom. I am inclined to look further into the question of Sanskrit Roots, and into the Enochian Records, in order to put this matter in more polished shape 

    He note that no Qabalah of merit has arisen therefrom. I think one of the advantages we have in this modern era is the use of computers to perform whole routines of calculations for us in microseconds, and the formation of databases that can be used to analyze said calculations. At our disposal then are tools that where not available to him during his day. I am amused to think what his Facebook page would like like, or even if his message would be as well received today as it was then.
    It is in this spirit then that I present this system of English QBLH.

The Numbers and the Letters

     This system uses the order of the English alphabet given by our Prophet in his commentary on Liber Trigrammaton (referred to as the ILC order of the English Alphabet). The number values of the letters are a bit more elusive though. The first letter "I" is attributed to the 0 trigram, thus giving it as a value of 0. This is the system that was developed by R. Leo Gillis. Starting with the I=0, and continuing to use the ILC order of the alphabet, to U=25. This has many merits, and it is suggested that his work be studied in that context. 
     Yet it occurred to me that in Western Mystery Qabalah, the letter aleph is attributed to the Fool card, whose number is 0. Yet aleph itself has the value of 1. The value system of the letters I developed then is based on this idea. Using the ILC order of the alphabet and the revealed order of the trigrams in Liber Trigrammton, we can then attribute a unique letter value system to the letters of the English Alphabet. Note that the value system starts at 1, not at 0. 
Letter      Value
I = 1
L = 2
C = 3
H = 6
P = 9
A = 18
X = 4
J = 5
W = 7
T = 8
O = 10
G = 11
F = 19
E = 20
R = 12
S = 15
Q = 21
K = 24
Y = 13
Z = 14
B = 16
M = 22
V= 17
D = 23
N = 25
U = 26

     Some gematrical values and correspondences are as follows. Note that these are not offered as proof of the system, but only as insights.
Nuit = 60 = to me
Hadit = 56 (I, Hadit, am the complement of Nu, my bride) Nu in Hebrew is 56(NV). My bride = 107;         Nu(51) + Hadit(56)




 


Comments